Friday 30 August 2024

MUSEUMS & COLLECTIONS

 WHEN I FIRST went to Berlin , I checked for interesting places through internet such as museums around the city. I was amazed to know of the number of the existing museums and various exhibitions. When I attempted to buy entrance ticket I was shocked. 75 Museums 50 Euros , 150 museums 75 Euros .You need to stay a year to visit all of them.

Why in Izmir -the city that I was born and still living - is soo poor in museums an exhibitions? When foreign visitors come to Izmir I am having big difficulties in finding them interesting places to show . The most polular museum that I show to my friends is the KEY museum having quite a big collection of old cars and few motocycles.A really an amzaing place to see. Vey well kept, all cars are as like brand new. Well polished , shining like a mirror.

I like to visit is Arkas Art Museums which are situated in various locations in Izmir. Mainly in Alsancak, Urla, Bornova and Alaçatı. Nowadays the new İzmir Kültür Sanat Fabrikası also is a good spot to visit. You will notice its perfect interior design. It is always full of students. One the biggest library is there.

Another museum that I like to show to my friends is the Köstem Zeytinyağı Fabrikası. Although it is a real personal collection of the famous orthpopedist doctor Levent Köstem ,the exhibit is very interesting for those who love machines and technology. 

Avram Aji

31.08.2024

No comments: